Administrative Assistant – 6-month contract position (PDF)
We are professional event planners who strive to deliver seamless, behind-the-scenes management and uneventful events and unconventional conventions – every time. We make meetings, events or conventions a success. We think of everything, manage everything and solve problems before the clients’ even know they exist. Successful events are all about successful relationships. We focus on clients’ needs, manage risks and supplement our team with partners who add value to events.
At ConventionALL Management Inc. we are looking for a full-time administrative assistant to join the team in Calgary, AB. We require a highly organized, professional, motivated and proactive individual to support our current event managers and executive team.
What we need:
You are an individual who is able to manage multiple tasks and tight timelines, you are friendly and able to work both independently and as part of team. We will trust you to manage all aspects of administrative and office management for ConventionALL including:
- Perform clerical duties including, copying, invoicing, mailing and filing
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, office space, telephones etc.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Manage and coordinate purchases, supplies and maintenance to office equipment
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff as required
- Greet and assist visitors at the ConventionALL office;
- Manage global staff and events calendar as well as global address book
- Maintain client event lists and databases
- Create, prepare and distribute meeting minutes or supporting documents
- Process conference registrations and provide registration support
- Coordinate guest lists and assist with creating event badges
- Be available to assist on-site at events, where necessary
What you need:
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- To be good at detail so that we do not miss anything
- The ability and willingness to work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings to support an event
- A driver’s license and be confident to drive a van, when needed
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook necessary
- Experience with design programs such as InDesign and PhotoShop would be an asset
What we offer:
- A dynamic work environment where you will never be bored.
- Flexible 37.5 hour work week; any additional hours for onsite events would be compensated
- Competitive compensation, based on experience
- This is a 6-month contract that may lead to full time permanent
- An office in south Calgary with free parking included.
If you are interested in knowing more about us, visit our website at www.conventionall.com
Please forward applications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org